Sunday 8 December 2013

Lavender

 I had to trim my lavender hedges recently because they were overgrowing the path. This is a dwarf variety called Dwarf Munstead. It only gets about 40 cm tall but can sprawl out a bit at the sides. Luckily it takes well to having a haircut!

 Here it is after having a trim. I left all the flowers along the top so it still looks full and lush.

 It's so nice lining the path, and smells lovely when you brush against it! Bees and insects love it too and the garden is always busy with them - that's a good thing in this day of declining bee numbers.

I hung the bunches up to dry in our back porch. When they are dry I'll fill little organza bags, and then I'll put them under my pillow for sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...